Latest Neocron News and Information
- New test server patch #599 has been released to Vedeena
I would like to hear from the admins whether I can add this to the wiki, and how I should go about this, as it was created by other people, but published on the official forums.
I've been through a lot of these tunnels and they were correct, haven't checked them all but I don't think they changed. --Biglines 00:38, 24 June 2008 (BST)
Yeh, as far as I know all the tunnels haven't been changed for ages. Most if not all of that information in that post is still good. Maybee see if we could get the author's permision to use the info here and add/extend it. --Reaction 01:57, 24 June 2008 (BST)
- I am happy for these to be used, I am sure Pantho wont mind, however I dont think they stand up to the quality we would expect, and so probably we would want to redo them at some point! 10:33, 24 June 2008 (BST)
Actually the tunnel maps were originally part of the old SXR resource site, and FN said "feel free to copy" so using them shouldn't be an issue. The THN has copies somewhere.
There is a better map about, here is a link to it.
Maybe we could use the Cyberdyne map for the Doy tunnels page. I can't see a problem using it if we ask them nicely. (I know Cyberdyne have borrowed a few graphics from the THN for their site!)
As for individual Tunnel maps, I say yes. I do think the mobs are the same in each level of tunnel, it's still worth allow doing each tunnel to be sure. (Love to see a mapping team in the tunnels!) And besides there is a dead NPC in one of the tunnels. ] --Brammers 13:41, 24 June 2008 (BST)
- If we can do it, lets make it part of the mapping project - so you click on a hotspot for the tunnel within the sector which takes you to the page lets say Tunnel A which then has an image the same size as the map images in the same position, this then will link off to the tunnels it is connected too, with all the information about the sector! And I am up for a mapping team once KK lower the prices and I have some free time :) -- 14:10, 24 June 2008 (BST)
@ brammers, as for using the cyberdyne map for the Doy Tunnels page, that map looks really bad, I'll see if i can make a proper looking one once I've finished all individual maps, which is going quite well atm because there are only two main themes with variations of maps... --Biglines 17:48, 24 June 2008 (BST)
Ahh ok, well I heard back from Cyderdyne, and they gave the ok to the wiki to use it, so using that map is an option available. If you are happy in producing your own version, feel free. --Brammers 12:12, 25 June 2008 (BST)
Not at the moment, the rest of the maps was already way too much work, i'm gonna finish the wasteland maps now and then I'm going to take a break from the wiki ;) so feel free to add that for overview in the mean time --Biglines 12:23, 25 June 2008 (BST)
and as for a mapping team, I'd be happy to join in, but those mobs are very, very hard ;) Ill try to get some screenshots, bit I think they will be littered with either stealth clouds or my dead body ;) (btw, can screenshots be made from a drone view without the rpos?) --Biglines 12:26, 25 June 2008 (BST)
Ok then, to give you a break I'll work on the DTO map and turn it into a proper map using the map plugin! Your work on the other 27 maps has been fantastic. As for I13, I think the DOT map is correct, as I'm sure I've bumped into the Tunnel entrance. I'll check, and if it's there, I'll make a map overlay icon for the missing entrance.
Screenshots using a drone without a RPOS, yes it's possible. You need to make a new RPOS colour scheme, and make the drone colours transparent. If I forget, remind me to put it in the page on how to do it. I know I've done it for some of the screenshots that are in a wiki.
DoY tunnels, yes they are hard. In NC1, I reckon Level 3 was harder than MC5 before they changed MC5 to make it easier. --Brammers 14:08, 25 June 2008 (BST)
Well at least DoY tunnels have a droning spot, behind the ladders, mc5 has no spot to hide :( --Biglines 14:27, 25 June 2008 (BST)
- I would just like to add *cough* *cough* to that comment ;) 18:12, 25 June 2008 (BST)
- There is a droning spot? or is that exploiting? :P --Biglines 22:54, 25 June 2008 (BST)
- Now, now - Please do not think this would be the place to discuss such things. In the absence of our favourite Ban Hammer i am going to ask for no discussion of exploits possible or not. thank you-- 01:28, 28 June 2008 (BST)
- My point was that I didn't want to know if it was exploiting --Biglines 12:47, 28 June 2008 (BST)
Hi, you seem to be missing the page for Tunnel X, it looks like the file is uploaded, just needs to be linked into a page. I'd do it myself, but I don't want to make a mess of the ncw:map code. ;-) --Heathen 02:04, 8 July 2008 (BST)
done --Biglines 10:51, 8 July 2008 (BST)