Latest Neocron News and Information
- New test server patch #599 has been released to Vedeena
- 1 Welcome
- 2 NC-Wiki
- 3 Subpages
- 4 Genotoxic suit
- 5 Vehicles
- 6 Vendors and searching
- 7 Smuglers and vendors
- 8 Nice work!
- 9 Vendor Items
- 10 Vendor pages
- 11 DoY Tunnels
- 12 Doy Tunnel Map icons
- 13 Mapping Project
- 14 ASG overlay icon
- 15 Mapping Project Leader
- 16 terminator quad mission
- 17 Juggernaut Crossbow Pistol Mission
- 18 Rare DB API Interface
- 19 Rare DB Cookies
- 20 Rare DB workings
- 21 cookieContainer
- 22 NC HL2/orange box mod
- 23 Images
- 24 You Tube
- 25 You Tube and Rare DB
- 26 Vars for the Rares DB.
- 27 NC Talk Overwiew
- 28 Spam
Welcome to NCWiki! Check out the Community Portal Here to see what's going on. 11:30, 14 April 2008 (BST)
Hi there, well Delphi owned the NC-Wiki domain and he left the domain expire, partly because very few people were working on it. Then it was decided to bring in under the techhaven network, and allow access to the Item DB.
Now we got a good team working on it, and users like you adding new content the wiki is growing every day.
A Short History of the website formally known as the nc-wiki.com:
- Originally the wiki was within the domain name www.nc-wiki.com and was launched fairly unsucesfully within the beginning of November 2006 (See here) by myself Solid Rock and Brammers. At the time it was felt that the wiki could be a fansite which could exist as its own entity, and we felt that the more people used it the more the project would grow. However the lack of help from the Neocron Community was damaging to the project. The domain name was purchased for one year by myself and webspace was donated by Brammers on the THN server, however once the one year was up we went into discussion with the THN to rehost and rebrand the Wiki under the Techhaven Network Banner. The relaunch happened at the begining of this year, and was a massive success, currently within the THN domain we are the second largest hitting sites, and are regularly getting around 20,000 page views per month - obviously at certain times we are getting more hits than others, but we are definately surviving well. I personally feel the move to the THN was the best move the wiki has done, and now we have access to such a wealth of contributors, like yourself, who are now working towards building up the articles and getting a good framework in place for other runners. We also have some exceptional programmers (Brammers) who have made somethings which would never have happened under the nc-wiki.com banner happen, eg. the link to the THNDB and the mapping API to name but two. All in all we seem to be going from strength to strength, and hope we last for a good while yet! If you want any more information just leave a message on my Talk page! 14:01, 6 June 2008 (BST)
I see you have marked a page as in your own space, however it is in the main domain of the wiki, if you want to place pages within your own space (and if you look at my own page you will see I have a large number of personal space pages) then it is best to put it in a subpage of your username, for example my development page (well one of them) is at User:Delphi/Dev01 the forward slash makes it a subpage! I have moved your genotoxic mission data to User:Biglines/Geno and placed a link on your page for you00:58, 10 June 2008 (BST)
Thank you, sorry about that, although maybe it was a good idea for other to contribute? Just didn't have to list it anywhere, but ok ;) --Biglines 08:51, 10 June 2008 (BST)
Hi there, Thanks for the correction.
Error: itemdb:show_full_details - No items found
Hopefully the details are all correct, if they are not, please let me know. --Brammers 10:50, 11 June 2008 (BST)
Which vehicle keys look messed up? I had a look at the list, and it looks ok. I do have the full set of vehicle BP's so I can check them, but give me a clue to why you think they are messed up! --Brammers 10:00, 18 June 2008 (BST)
Vendors and searching
I've got something planned in the pipeline for Item DB 1.5.x to allow wiki articles to be automactically linked to a items, when a Item DB tag is used. So when you view one of the food items on the Item DB, there would be a link to Chez Sypher page. So the theory goes, when someone does a page on what a smuggler sells, the Item DB will be able to link to that page.
The interfaces to link pages and items will be in the THN API, and will be open to other sites to provide links. See the THNapi:Linking_Commands_Guide for a bit more information, but that document needs updating a little...and I also need to write the code.
As for searching for items in the wiki, that an issue on my list as well, unfortunatly I don't have a solution. This is due to the way the wiki works with searching. --Brammers 14:07, 19 June 2008 (BST)
Smuglers and vendors
Bit of a tricky one. For now I sugguest each smuggler has it's own page, named something like Smuggler (Cannons), Smuggler (Vehicles) etc. I do think each smuggler deserve their own page, as each of them is unique, and in different locations.
As for Shop vendors, their is most likely a page for them, like Brothers in Arms and Archer & Wesson. They really could do with expanding with their locations, and if you really feel up for it, listing each item sold by each NPC. --Brammers 15:19, 19 June 2008 (BST)
Subpages - normally, we don't allow subpages within the main namespace. (See the Neocron_Wiki:Site_Policy). However I can see the issue of the page becoming very long, if you put every seller and every item on.
For now, put thme in a page like Archer & Wesson (Low Tech Ammo Vendor), but expect the page to be moved or renamed at a later date, while myself and the rest of wiki admin team decide on the best way forward. I'll point you to the dicussion when it comes up. --Brammers 16:43, 19 June 2008 (BST)
I've seen what you done of a few of the the vendors, it's looking very good. If you find any items missing or icons missing, please put them on the talk page of the vendor, and I'll make sure they get updated.
One other thing, which I want to thank you for, as you have helped me in another way. I've been using your vendor pages as test pages for the next release of the THN API.
I've just completed some new cache code for the THN API so it runs as fast as it can. You may have noticed when you save a page, it can take a while to save, like upto 30 seconds or more. Well some early tests on the test server, it's down to less than a second, which I'm sure will help you and everyone else. I'm hoping to get this new release out early next week.
Thanks! --Brammers 01:18, 20 June 2008 (BST)
Nice to see the work on vendors going ahead, it was i believe envisaged to capture this data as part of the mapping project. Take for Example A 06 , I have started detailing the mobs found there, the NPC's and areas of interst. For each area of interest i plan to create a new page and define what is there. Now for the Vendors, The only vendors found in this section are at the Factory so i plan to utilise Reactions Page as it links directly from the map i.e. Simmons Factory
On this page i plan to detail All the vendors that can be found here and what they sell via links to their own page. As each Factory sell roughly the same stuff these vendor pages would feed links to most if not all the factory pages. Thus avoiding the need to Create from scratch each and every vendor in game. Anyways must pack as i am off so have a good weekend!! --10:00, 20 June 2008 (BST)
Carry on as before but for the items use link_icon instead.
When the new release is out, the appearence will change to look a little like this.
Any questions just ask. --Brammers 19:54, 21 June 2008 (BST)
- Just wanted to add a quick well done on that first page - looks great and is exactly what we need to make each page conform to the same standards! 14:14, 24 June 2008 (BST)
- Nice work there Biglines on the Tunnel A! Just a few things about the map plugin, is we can add new map types and icons if needed, like you can have a key for going from a level 1 tunnel to a level 2 or something else. Also the map plugin can overlay icons onto an existing map if needed. Just let me know what you like, and I can adjust the map setting files to help you out. --Brammers 14:31, 24 June 2008 (BST)
- Ok I've added the map types for the tunnels as requested
- I've not added any overlay icons or set the colours yet, maybe you have some ideas for colour and I'll get some done tonight for you. --Brammers 14:57, 24 June 2008 (BST)
Doy Tunnel Map icons
Sure you can create the icons, here is a short guide to doing them.
- The files neeed to be transparent 24bit PNG's. We are going for top quality here. ;) You can have semi-transparent PNG's if you want.
- For icons for the Map Key
- The map key can be seen Template:Mapkey if you want to see the Key thats used.
- The size of the icons for the Map key is fixed at 16x16 pixels
- The standard file naming format is Map Icon <Type name> - so Doy Tunnel up would be Map Icon Doy Tunnel Up.png
- For icons for the overlays
- The size of the file is upto you, but please make sure the size is even ie 22 x 22 or even 16 x 18
- The standard file naming format is Map Overlay <Type name> - so Doy Tunnel up would be Map Overlay Doy Tunnel Up.png
- Once you done the icons, upload the images and leave a message on the talk page, as I need to add some data to point to the image files and adjust the map template. (Only sysops can change these pages)
- I normaly protect the icons images to stop any potential vandalism, what I'll is protect them when you are happy with the icons. This will allow you to upload new versions of your icons and fiddle with them until you are happy with the resuts.
- A little note, the wiki cache has a habbit of kicking in when you dont want it to. To clear the cache for a page just add ?action=purge to the end of the URL in your address bar
- Any other questions just ask, and thanks again for your hard work.
--Brammers 15:48, 24 June 2008 (BST)
- Would yourself and Reaction like to head up the mapping project? I am only asking this as you both seem to be pretty active on these two areas - the doy tunnels and the wastelands map! I have a new project I would like to start planning and working towards, which should be a very useful little one! Let me know on my talk page 15:09, 25 June 2008 (BST)
- My apologies biglines - I didn't mean to cause any problems by adding you as a leader to the project page - I was just getting a head of myself. Thanks again for all your help so far on the wiki! 07:48, 26 June 2008 (BST)
- Apologies for not responding sooner, I had a whole thing typed out then firefox crashed - extraordinarily busy at the moment things should quieten down in the next week or so and I will respond properly then... 14:34, 27 June 2008 (BST)
ASG overlay icon
Hi there, thanks for the message, the ASG overlay icon is done, and I've check it on [J 04], although I'm sure the ASG was on the right of the road, not the left... one of those things to check when NC is back I guess! --Brammers 20:38, 30 June 2008 (BST)
Mapping Project Leader
- Hi biglines, apologies for being slow on replying to your posts. The leadership of the project is a more figurehead position for the mapping project. Ideally what I am looking for as a leader would be to check and add to the project, to keep the community portal up to date with the project. --δφ • Delphi (t) • (c) 20:47, 30 June 2008 (BST)
terminator quad mission
Hi there, thanks for that. I've redirected the THN page to the new guide. Nice work there! --Brammers 20:17, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Juggernaut Crossbow Pistol Mission
Nice one, as requested the page is redirected. Look forward to seeing the rest. --Brammers 09:12, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
Rare DB API Interface
Hi there. At this time there isn't any API interface for external applications to update the rare DB, and there isn't any plans to do so... currently.
You mention you are developing it for Windows Mobile, I'm guessing you are using VS and the compact .NET framework?
What I can consider doing is create a few SOAP interfaces to allow reading and updating of the data.
However this may have to wait a little while, until the THN website is migrated to the new server. (I reckon a good month)
One other question, have you got any plans to release this client? --Brammers 13:11, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
Rare DB Cookies
Cookies, you are going to be in for a little tricky job there. ;)
There are 4 cookies that need to be set correctly, otherwise the Rare DB will throw you out. The reason for 4 cookies, is the login integration for the whole of the THN. If you use Firefox and view the cookies you will see them. The ones begining with thn_forum_hiob1 are the forum cookies, the md5 hask is the Joomla one, and the THNSID is the one used by the Rares DB. The rest can be ignored, those are Google cookies.
If you can capture the cookies issued by http://rares.techhaven.org/login.php and resend them with your http-request, you should get somewhere.
As for the compact.net libs, can't you tell users to download them at Microsoft? --Brammers 11:59, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Rare DB workings
Ok there is a logic to the form ID's, but you will need a file with Item ID's and Part ID's, as I can't be 100% sure all the ID's are sequencial.
- ID's begining with p are parts (TP of Judge etc) - The number is the part ID
- ID's begining with i are items (Judge) - The number is the item ID
Would it be useful if I made a special page that created the csv file with the ID's for you, so you could have your application automactically download it?
Format of the file would be like.
Item Name,Item ID,TP,HP,FP,CP,OP,ATP Judge,65,101,102,105,104,103,106
As for whether you can send changed data only, yes that would be allowed. The Rare DB only updates the parts it gets send back.
I didn't realise that the Export didn't export the stock - I'll fix that and add the requested CSV export. Give me a few days to sort that, got a lot on at this time. --Brammers 15:12, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
There may be a way around that - you can set Cookies via the Headers property. You will need to work on getting the format right though, but I'm sure you can manage it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie is work a look. --Brammers 12:17, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
NC HL2/orange box mod
I can't see why not, let me have a quick chat with Delphi a sec to be sure. I'll probably setup a namespace (Like the THNapi) so it doesn't clash with the current content too much. --Brammers 08:43, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
Ok update, just spoken to Delphi, he's more than happy. Let me know what you want to call your namespace. I'll add the talk namespace as well, and get that up and running today. --Brammers 11:36, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
Yes the MediaWiki needs setting up the Namespace, but it's only a few lines to add to the config file. You can use ncSource:Overview now, but it puts the page in the main namespace, rather than it's own NameSpace.
You can create pages now with your namespace, if you like, I do have some tools to sort out the pages and namespace when it is setup in the Wiki.
Also I have no objections to pages being created now just give try and give them a category, so it's easy to locate them, when you do decide on the final name! --Brammers 22:54, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
You can't externally embed images, it's a security feature of MediaWiki. (Annoying for you - I know!) So by all means upload your images to the Wiki, I have no problems with that. What I would sugguest is all NC source images are given a category, so they are easy to find!
Also I'm going to warn you now. On Sat 24th October, the wiki will be offline due to it being moved to a brand new server. More official details will be released on the THN/TPN next week when the final details are confirmed. --Brammers 21:18, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
The wiki does have it's own movie player - See here. However I can add the a YouTube plugin if you want. Can you give a link to your wiki, so I can see the plugin that is used? --Brammers 08:49, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
You Tube and Rare DB
First things, and the easy one. You Tube support. I'll add it in, but it may not be the plugin you sugguested since MediaWiki has a few new video features in it.
You best bet is for me to sit down with the source code, and tell you what is needed to send a successful update which I can put as a doc up on the wiki. This will take a little while, but not too long! (Give me a week with all the current stuff I have going on!) --Brammers 00:29, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Off the top of my head, the action and the server controlled the changing of the server on the page via the JS links, but let me check and give you a doc on how to do it - it's not that simple! --Brammers 00:43, 22 October 2009 (UTC)--Brammers 00:43, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Vars for the Rares DB.
Sorry, completely forgot about this. The extra vars are used at various stages, and you need to set them only when needed.
url - You can ignore this. It's used by the web client to change to a different webpage, and making sure the data is saved.
sequence - You can ignore this as well. It's for the Ajax side of the webclient.
save - You can ignore this as well.
To save a rares list
You must send it as a POST request. You need to send your data, set the action to "save"
To change the server
You must send it as a POST request. Set the server to one of the following values. action to "server" The reason why it's zero is it's set by the JS code on the form to force a server change. The server number is stored by the server in a session variable.
- 1 Terra
- 2 Neptune
- 3 Mars
- 4 Mercury
Hope this helps. --Brammers 16:33, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
NC Talk Overwiew
Adding one what? Seems like it was kinda late when you posted that ;) I think you are talking 'bout the gameplay modes but shouldn't that belong to the gameplay talk page? --R2d22k 08:28, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for spotting that spammer. If you spot any more, leave a message on my talk page, then I can get/ban them a bit quicker. (As I get an email for any changes made there!)
Thanks! --Brammers 11:30, 5 March 2010 (UTC)